Activities and Resources
Use the following activities to enhance your visit to the museum. Writing boards are available at the museum. Please bring your own pencils. Note: only pencils are allowed in galleries (no markers, pastels, etc).
- Animals Activity (Gallery of Alaska)
- Art Gallery Activity (Rose Berry Gallery)
- Museum Drawing Sheet
- Portrait Sketching Sheet
- I Spy Alaskan Animals! (Gallery of Alaska)
- Alaska's Geography (Gallery of Alaska)
- Native Cultures Discovery Tour (Gallery of Alaska)
- On the Trail of a Scientist (Gallery of Alaska)
- Fairbank History Sheet (Gallery of Alaska)
- Denali Family Guide (Special Exhibits Gallery)
KITS & TEACHING COLLECTION
Museum Education has a large hands-on collection used in our teaching and displays. Many kits and objects are available to borrow for educational purposes. Use hands-on objects in your classroom or within the museum when you visit to enhance your lessons.
Other sources for kits:
OFF SITE ACTIVITIES
Checkout a museum audio guide while at the museum or download the free Alaska App at any time.
Alaska's Digital Archives presents a wealth of historical photographs, albums, oral histories, moving images, maps, documents, physical objects, and other materials from libraries, museums and archives throughout our state including the UA Museum of the North.
National History Day resources from the museum and local school district are available online to help students develop successful exhibits.
Software updates are available for the place where you go to listen interactive CD-ROM.