Dixthada is a fishing village site along Mansfield Creek near Lake Mansfield within the traditional territory of Upper Tanana Athabascans. Archaeological investigations show that people lived there multiple times during the past 2,500 years, but abandoned by the time Lieutenant Henry Allen visited the area in 1885. Froelich Rainey first excavated at Dixthada in 1936 and 1937, then again by John Cook and Robert McKennan in 1971. The site has rectangular house pits, fish storage pits and tent rings. Artifacts dating within the last 1000 years include glass trade beads; projectile points, fish hooks, and awls made from locally sourced copper; bone and chipped stone projectile points; obsidian; birch bark; iron; shell casings; and faunal remains from large and small mammals.