Back to Top
July 21, 2016
- Foundation construction is progressing. The following foundation components have been completed:
- Boiler building basement structural mat
- Baghouse building structural mat
- Turbine piles
- Work Package No. 3 (WP3) was awarded on June 13, 2016 for $37,331,000. The scope of WP3 consists of boiler building and baghouse building installation, including structural steel.
- The boiler building basement structural steel was installed as well as the first floor slab. The concrete was placed on July 1.
- Current activities on site include:
- Turbine building foundation prep
- Baghouse building structural steel erection, structural steel is at 50% completion
- Vibratory Compaction
- Coal and Limestone Silo assembly
- Boiler building steel is scheduled to begin on August 20.
- Major equipment deliveries have started and will continue through Spring 2017.
- Equipment received so far includes:
- Coal & Limestone Silos
- Mud & Steam Drums
- Deaerator Tank
- Misc. Piping and Boiler Parts
- Equipment Procurement is in progress for electrical equipment and miscellaneous pumps and valves.
- The general sequence of work for the remainder of summer/fall 2016 is:
- Turbine building slab (4' thick)
- Start boiler erection simultaneously with steel erection
- Pipe bridge pile foundation
- Utilidor construction
- Building envelope
- Work Package No. 4 and 5 design review is underway.
- Construction activities will continue through the winter of 2016-2017.
AN ENERGY SOLUTION