PhD graduation requirements
As a Ph.D. student, you need to submit your:
REQUIRED FOR ALL PHD STUDENTS:
- Report on Comprehensive Exam (oral and/or written as required by your program)
- Report on Thesis Defense
- Application for Graduation (strict deadlines apply!!)
- 50-word version of your abstract (sent via e-mail). See guidelines here.
- Thesis/Dissertation Approval Form <----This is NOT the same as your Report on Defense form
- Publishing-Agreement (NEW! and required). Click here to download and sign a paper copy. Click here to sign electronically via Docusign.
- A PDF copy of your dissertation that has been formatted per the Thesis Format Handbook and has been reviewed and approved by your committee, department chair and your school or college's dean must be uploaded via ProQuest (see instructions below).
REQUIRED UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS ONLY
- Interdisciplinary PhD students MUST submit an Interdisciplinary Degree Title Form
- Language and/or Research Tool (required for certain programs)
- Embargo/Delayed Access Form (this form is required if you want to delay access to your work) Click here to sign electronically via Docusign
Given the strong role NSF/NIH plays at UAF, and perhaps even in your funding, we strongly encourage you to complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED) so that we can compare our doctorates to others nationwide. It is not required, however.
- High-resolution photograph of yourself for congratulatory website.
Contact the Graduate School at 907-474-7464 if you have any questions.
- Complete the Electronic Thesis or Dissertation (ETD) Submittal Process: Log into http://www.etdadmin.com/UAF and create an account.
- Navigate through the checklist and answer all questions,etc.
- Submit your thesis/dissertation as a .pdf copy with embedded fonts
- A hard copy of your work for archiving at the Rasmuson Library is no longer required; however, your department might still ask you for one, so please check with them. If you choose to order printed and bound copies, you can either order them from Proquest at the time of submission, or you can send them to another business for printing/binding. Payment for Proquest copies is via credit card.
After you are notified of the corrections required by the Graduate School, you will need to submit (via ETD) the final, corrected version of your thesis/dissertation (.pdf). Once submitted, we review it to ensure the requested corrections have been made and will insert a digital copy of your signature page before approving it for publication.