Ready to graduate?
We need by the final semester in your program:
Did you chose the Project Option?
The Graduate School does not review Graduate Projects, however, digital copies of all projects must be submitted to the Graduate School for digital archiving in ScholarWorks, UA's Institutional Repository, along with the Project Consent form, Exit Survey completion page, and Report on Project Defense.
Please include a signature page with your committee's names and signatures, a full title page modeled after the example in the Thesis Formatting Handbook, and an abstract. This will allow the library archivists to obtain enough data for the collection. Contact the Graduate School if you have any questions.
Writing a Thesis or Dissertation?
Here is what you will need to do to turn in your thesis/dissertation to the Graduate School:
Master's and Ph.D.s:
- Submit the Signature page with all the signatures (two originals - regular paper).
- Complete the Electronic Thesis or Dissertation (ETD) Submittal Process: Log into http://www.etdadmin.com/UAF and create an account.
- You will have to submit your thesis/dissertation as a .pdf copy.
- Payment for printing and binding is part of the ETD process. You will order at least one copy for the Rasmuson Library (archive copy). Any additional copies will be your choice and can be ordered from UMI/Proquest at this time, or you can send them to another business for printing/binding. Payment for UMI/Proquest copies is via credit card.
- Make sure you print, sign and give us a copy of the UAFPublishing Agreement Form.
Additional materials for Ph.D.s only:
- 50-word version of your abstract (sent via e-mail). See guidelines here.
- Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED). You can read about privacy matters here.
- A good-quality photograph of yourself for publication in the Fairbanks Daily News Miner
All students need to complete the online exit survey. Be sure to follow the directions on the last page.
All of the above items should be submitted at the same time.
After you are notified of the corrections required by the Graduate School, you will need to submit (via ETD):
- Final, corrected version of your thesis/dissertation (.pdf).
- Any additional materials (up to 1,000 MB total).
- Once submitted, we will insert a digital copy of your signature page and approve it for publishing and binding.
Here are some resources to help you with your writing and formatting.
- Deadline for Thesis/Dissertation Submission
- Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) Submission Checklist
- Thesis/Dissertation Format Workshop (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Thesis/Dissertation Format Workshops
- Thesis/Dissertation Format Handbook (2014-15 Revision)
- LaTex Thesis Template/Tutorial (latest update provided by Dr. McNabb in 2013. The Graduate School makes no claims as to its accuracy). Available as a zip file - This template will need to be modified to account for double-sided printing.