Ready to graduate?
Did you chose the Project Option?
The Graduate School does not review Graduate Projects, however, digital copies of all projects must be submitted to the Graduate School along with the Release of Information Consent Form and Exit Survey completion page. In addition, we will need a completed Report on Project Defense. If you want to provide the Rasmuson Library with a courtesy copy they will be glad to accept it.
Writing a thesis or dissertation?
NEW SUBMITTAL PROCESS, beginning Summer 2013:
Here is what you will need to do to turn in your thesis/dissertation to the Graduate School:
Master's and Ph.D.s:
- Submit the Signature page with all the signatures (two originals - regular paper).
- Complete the Electronic Thesis or Dissertation (ETD) Submittal Process: Log into http://www.etdadmin.com/UAF and create an account. (The Graduate School will not review your thesis/dissertation until we have received your completed signature page.)
- You will have to submit your thesis/dissertation as a .pdf copy.
- Payment for printing and binding is part of the ETD process. You will order at least one copy for the Rasmuson Library (archive copy). Any additional copies will be your choice and can be ordered from UMI/Proquest at this time, or you can send them to another business for printing/binding. Payment for UMI/Proquest copies is via credit card.
- Make sure you print, sign and give us a copy of the UAF Publishing Agreement Form.
Additional materials for Ph.D.s only:
- 50-word version of your abstract (sent via e-mail). See guidelines here.
- Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED). You can read about privacy matters here.
- A good-quality photograph of yourself for publication in the Fairbanks Daily News Miner
All students need to complete the online exit survey. Be sure to follow the directions on the last page.
All of the above items should be submitted at the same time.
After you are notified of the corrections required by the Graduate School, you will need to submit (via ETD):
- Final, corrected version of your thesis/dissertation (.pdf).
- Any additional materials (up to 1,000 MB total).
- Once submitted, we will insert a digital copy of your signature page and approve it for publishing and binding.
Here are some resources to help you with your writing and formatting.
- Deadline for Thesis/Dissertation Submission
- Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) Submission Checklist
- Thesis/Dissertation Format Workshop (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Thesis/Dissertation Format Workshops
- Thesis/Dissertation Format Handbook (2013-14 Revision)
- Thesis Formatting Workshop (Powerpoint Presentation and Streaming Video)
- Using MS Word to Format your Thesis/Dissertation (Powerpoint Presentation and Streaming Video)
- LaTex Thesis Template/Tutorial (created by a Physics student and refined by a faculty member at the Math Dept. The Graduate School makes no claims as to its accuracy). Available as a zip file or as a tar ball (.ta.gz) - This template will need to be modified to account for double-sided printing (mirrored margins, mirrored page number locations).