Thesis and Dissertation Formatting
- Title page is missing the names of committee members, department chair or deans (or names are misspelled), or department/school/college name is incorrect/misspelled.
- References don't have corresponding in-text citations, and/or citations don't have corresponding references. (The use of EndNote, which can be obtained through UAF OIT, or a similar citation program is strongly recommended).
- References are split across pages.
- Landscaped tables or figures have the page number in the wrong location (See the example in the handbook)
- Table of Contents is missing major sections
- Titles in the Table of Contents don't match word-for-word. Captions for figures and tables provided in the list of figures/tables are vague
- Locations are incorrectly identified (e.g. Figure 1.1 is on page 30 but the List of Figures says its on page 31)
Please carefully review the Thesis Format Handbook to ensure that you don't make these (and other) errors.
Thesis Formatting Examples (under construction)
Aside from title page requirements, there are no specific formatting requirements for students who are completing a project instead of a thesis. For information about these requirements, navigate to this page and click the "I am pursuing a Master's with Project" option.