Vehicle Rentals & Charter Requests
UAF Transportation Services offers various vehicle rental options.
Questions? Call us at (907) 474-5875
- Hourly, Daily, and Weekly Rentals
- Availability can be spur of the moment, or planned out. A snapshot of availability can be found here RENTAL AVAILABILITY CALENDAR We can make other arrangements, so even if there appears to be no availability contact us. Rates are set each fiscal year by vehicle category. Sedan - Mini Van - Large Van - Small SUV - Large SUV - 2WD Truck-4WD Truck
- 6 Month Leases
- Can be a cost savings for longer term use. Generally requests will need to be made at least 6-Months prior to intended start date.
- Annual leases
- Full year leases, and/or permanently assigned vehicles.
- FY17 RATES
Reservations must be submitted online:
Long Term/Permanently Assigned Rentals
Rentals for more than six (6) months are classified as "long-term" or "permanently assigned." Acquisition of annual and 6-month lease vehicles takes time. Vehicles are generally purchased off the state contract, and are purchased as a type rather than specific brand/models. Think of what capacities your desired vehicle will need and what features are required.
A bus and driver may be reserved for seminars, conferences, field trips, and special events for a minimum of 2 hours.
UA TRANSPORTATION GUIDELINES
Below is a link to the UA Transportation Guide. This is for departments using UA vehicles or private vehicles. It has useful forms and information regarding use, safety, insurance, and responsibilities all in one 13 page, outline formatted document.
More information or questions can be answered via EHS&RM at 474-5413
DRIVERS ALERT PROGRAM
UAF has implemented a driver observation and training program. The "HOW AM I DRIVING" stickers on the back of UAF vehicles go to a call center for reporting good and bad driving behaviors. Supervisors of the drivers are notified, and there is training offered when bad behaviors are reported. More information can be found HERE
In the event of a vehicular or personal accident you generally should notify your Supervisor and EHS&RM (474-5413.) For more details please consult:
- Accident Report Form (UA Vehicle involved)
- Accident Report Form (Personal injury/ no UA vehicle involved)
Phone: (907) 474-5875
Fax: (907) 474-5656
PO Box 757390
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7380