Shared service models offer consolidated business operations that are used by multiple parts of the same organization. The goal of a shared service model is to allow each business unit/department to focus its limited resources on activities that support the UAF mission. Shared service models also support process improvements through use of best practices, highly trained staff specialized in service delivery and backups for critical functions.
More information is available in the UAF Guide to Shared Service Models, including:
- Examples of shared service models
- How shared services improve processes
- How shared services help alleviate costs or increase revenues
- Options for units that are happy with their current structure
- How to build trust that the service level will be appropriate