How to apply for UAF's Privately Funded Scholarships:
- Log in to UAOnline with your username and password.
- Choose the “Financial Aid” or “Student Service and Account Information” menu, then choose the “Scholarships” link.
- On the “Scholarship Application Information” page choose the “APPLY NOW” link.
- On the University of Alaska “Our Opportunities” page you will need to sign in to UAOnline again. There is a “Sign In” link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Complete the questions on the “General Application” page. If you want to work on your application later, choose the “Save and Keep Editing” link at the bottom of the page. When you are done editing, choose “Finish and Submit” at the bottom of the page. This will put your application in the pool for the majority of UAF’s 450 Scholarships.
- Next, navigate to the “Opportunities” link at the top of the page. There you will find recommended scholarships that require additional information. Follow the individual application instructions for those that interest you.
- To be considered for need-based scholarships, complete the most current FAFSA at fafsa.gov by February 15th.
- If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will be sent an award letter to your official UAF e-mail. Most scholarship recipients will be notified in April or May.
Deadline is Feb. 15.
No late applications accepted.
Admissions offers four Merit based scholarships - Nanook Gold, Chancellor's, Cornerstone Gold, and Cornerstone - to first-year students upon acceptance to UAF.
Human Achievement, Academic Achievement and Ad Summum scholarships are reserved for first-year students and use the essays from the UA Scholarship Application.
The Pioneer scholarship also uses the essays from the UA Scholarship Application and is reserved for transfer students.
|Scholarship||Minimum award amount||GPA||ACT||SAT||Other requirements|
|Nanook Gold||Full tuition||4.0||30||1410||First-time freshman|
|Cornerstone Gold||$2,500 for 2 years ($5,000 total)||4.0||30||1410||UA Scholar|
|Human Achievement||$2,500||2.5||18||950||First-time freshmen, a record of volunteer service to a community, non-profit organization(s) or special interest group as well as a commitment to high academic standards.|
|Academic Achievement||$2,500||3.0||24||1200||First-time freshman|
|Ad Summum||Variable||3.0||18||950||First-time freshman|
|Pioneer||Variable||3.0||N/A||N/A||Transfer and returning|