This is what the disc golf situation looks like this summer*.
- Hole #1 will stay open as a practice area.
- Holes #2 & #3 will be closed for two years
- Holes #4 through #13 are up now and can be our 10 hole course until the ground thaws.
- Holes #14, #15 & #16 can be installed as soon as the ground thaws
- Holes #17 & #18 can be installed once the SRC field has been addressed.
* We are working on developing a new 18-hole course on the campus trail system, see below.
SpringFest Disc Golf Tournament
When: April 25th, 2013 at 6PM
9 Holes = Starting at #4
No sign-up required. Open to the public.
Recreation Division = FREE
Competitive Division = $5
Raffle Prizes for Recreation Division
Grand Prize for Competitive Division
Best Disc Pairs format
This event is planned in association with the Fairbanks Disc Golf Association
The North Campus Subcommittee is seeking public input regarding the addition of an 18-hole disc golf course to the North Campus trail system for use during the summer.
The Fairbanks Disc Golf Association and the Department of Recreation, Adventure, and Wellness have proposed permanently removing 9-holes from the disc golf course on main campus and placing 18-holes in the campus trail system. If approved, the 18-hole course on the campus trails would remain indefinitely.
The proposed course starts near the satellite dish, heads down to the Potato field via Lit Loop. From the Potato field it joins Mid-Night express and Big Whizzy to the finish at the satellite dish. Click on the map to the left for a larger view.
Please complete the attached survey regarding this potential change to the trail system. CLICK HERE
Responses will remain anonymous and results will be used only within the discussions of this topic at North Campus Subcommittee meetings.