UAF Core Curriculum in Mathematics
The goals of the mathematics core curriculum are to ensure that students develop basic numeracy skills, are able to employ problem solving strategies, can communicate mathematical concepts, and are able to construct and evaluate mathematical arguments.
- Math 103 (formerly 131) Concepts and Contemporary Applications of Mathematics (rev. S11)
- Math 107 Functions for Calculus (rev. S11)
- Math 161 Algebra for Business and Economics (rev. S11)
- Math 200, Math 201, & Math 202 Calculus I, II, & III (rev. S12)
- Math 262 Calculus for Business and Economics (rev. S11)
- Math 272 Calculus for Life Sciences (rev. F07)
- Stat 200 Elementary Probability and Statistics (rev. F08)
For a list of the current semester texts, click here.