UAF Directory downloads
In lieu of a printed directory, search using the box in the banner above on this website, EDIR online or the following PDFs by section or as a whole.
- Classified (including TTY listings)
- Employees by department
- Complete directory
Data in these directory files is user-driven; all individuals and departments are responsible for maintaining their own data in the UA Enterprise Directory (EDIR), a Banner-fed, searchable, online database located at http://edir.alaska.edu.
The data in these files was downloaded from EDIR Jan. 14, 2014; any changes made in EDIR on or after that date may not be reflected. Please make any necessary modifications in EDIR and send classified section updates to email@example.com.
Notes about editing information in EDIR provided by the Office of Information Technology:
- The URL for the UA Directory (EDIR) is https://edir.alaska.edu. To edit your own contact information you must log in, using the same credentials as your Google Apps @ UA login.
- EDIR uses the "Preferred First Name" field in Banner. Employees who wish their directory entry to use something other than their legal first name as recorded in Banner may log in to UAOnline: https://uaonline.alaska.edu/banprod/owa/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin
After log in, select "Personal Information" then "Preferred First Name" to add, delete, or change your preferred first name. To edit information about other people or departments, you must be granted this ability by your campus security coordinator (via the same process used to grant privileges in Banner).
- When department entries are alphabetized, the department's "Display Name," which may be edited by persons with the "deptadmin" role, will determine where in the listing your department appears. So, for example, if you edit the display name to be "UAF Department of Zoology", or "Institute for Zoology" or "Zoology" it will appear under "U", "I" or "Z" respectively. Consider using the current directory PDF as a guide (e.g. "Zoology, Institute for").
- "Home Department" shown for employees comes directly from employee HR records in Banner. You cannot change your department affiliation when editing your EDIR record. If your department affiliation is not correct, please contact your unit’s Personnel & Payroll Assistant or Cost Center Clerk and ask that the affiliation (home_org) for you be repaired in Banner HR's PEAEMPL form.
- "Home Department" is also used to list employees within a department in department records. Employees with multiple affiliations may be added to the employee listing using the "Other Department Affiliation" field in EDIR (adding this requires the "empladmin" role granted by your campus security coordinator).
- Once changes are made in Banner they are reflected in EDIR the morning of the next business day.
- Faculty and staff members will only be listed in the PDF version of the directory if they have an office locator in EDIR with a phone number and/or a physical address.
For further assistance with EDIR contact the OIT Support Center at 450-8300, 800-478-8226 firstname.lastname@example.org.