WHAT IS DEVELOPMENTAL EDUCATION?
The Department of Developmental Education, housed in the College of Rural and Community Development, aims to improve and enhance the success of students at all levels of academic preparation. Our goals include the following:
- Make educational opportunity and success possible for each UAF student
- Develop the student skills and attitudes necessary for academic, career, and life goals
- Assess students’ levels of preparedness and recommend appropriate classes
- Enable student competencies for success in college courses, thus maintaining academic standards
- Enhance retention of students
- Promote cognitive and affective learning theory in all UAF course offerings