How to Apply
To change your major please fill out the UAF Change of Major Form
- Change of Major Form - pdf
- Please submit your Change of Major Form to Crystal Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org for required signatures & further processing.
- Please note: this form may only be used by undergraduate students who have been formally admitted to degree seeking status.
To Apply for the BA degree in Rural Development (RD), you must:
- Fill out an online application at UAF undergraduate Apply Now, with a $50 processing fee
- Have completed at least 30 university level credits at the 100 level or above
- Have a 2.0 or higher GPA
To Apply for the BA degree in Alaska Native Studies (ANS), you must:
- Fill out an online application at UAF undergraduate Apply Now, with a $50 processsing fee
- If your 30 university level credits have not been met, you may be placed into the ANS major until you have completed 30 credits. A Change of Major form can then be submitted to switch to the RD major at that time.
Undergraduate student application deadlines
- November 1 - spring semester
- May 1 - summer sessions
- June 15 - fall semester
If you did not apply online, send completed application packets to:
For specific information about the RD Bachelor's degree program, please call:
1-888-574-6528 (Fairbanks DANSRD Office) or 1-800-770-9531 (Anchorage DANSRD Office) or email email@example.com
Admission to the UAF Master's degree program in Rural Development (RD) followsUAF Graduate School requirements and deadlines.
To apply for the MA degree, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 ("B") cumulative grade point average in undergraduate studies, and a 3.0 average in your major.
BA degrees should be in one of the following: Rural Development, Alaska Native Studies, Business Administration, Natural Resources Management, Political Science, Economics, Northern Studies, or a related field, based on review and approval of RD program faculty.
- TOEFL = 550 (if English is not your native language)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Original transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- A brief essay (500 words or less) stating your academic goals and reasons for wanting to earn an MA in Rural Development
- Complete the RD M.A. Research Project Outline
- UAF Graduate Apply Now with a $60 processing fee
NOTE: Students with a BA degree grade point average below 3.0 must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Fall semester admission: TBA (DANSRD ONLY)
Spring semester admission: TBA
Completed an Admissions application: