How to Apply
To change your major please fill out the UAF Change of Major Form
- Change of Major Form - pdf
- Please submit your Change of Major Form to Crystal Frank at email@example.com for required signatures & further processing.
- Please note: this form may only be used by undergraduate students who have been formally admitted to degree seeking status.
To Apply for the BA degree in Alaska Native Studies (ANS) OR Rural Development (RD), you must:
- Fill out an online application at UAF undergraduate Apply Now, with a $50 processing fee.
- Submit a DANSRD Admission Questionnaire on Google Docs or if you prefer a Word document: DANSRD admission questionnaire (word) - email to Crystal Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org or to UAF Admissions at email@example.com.
- Schedule an oral interview with Ellarae Miner either in-person or via audio-conference. Contact Ellarae Miner at 907-474-5948 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. CLICK HERE to schedule an appointment online.
NO Undergraduate student application deadlines
If you did not apply online, send completed application packets to:
For specific information about the ANS or RD Bachelor's degree program, please call:
1-888-574-6528 (Fairbanks DANSRD Office) or 1-800-770-9531 (Anchorage DANSRD Office) or email email@example.com
To schedule an undergraduate advising session with Ellarae Miner, CLICK HERE.
Admission to the UAF Master's degree program in Rural Development (RD) follows UAF Graduate School requirements and deadlines.
To apply for the MA degree, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 ("B") cumulative grade point average in undergraduate studies, and a 3.0 average in your major.
BA degrees should be in one of the following: Rural Development, Alaska Native Studies, Business Administration, Natural Resources Management, Political Science, Economics, Northern Studies, or a related field, based on review and approval of RD program faculty.
- TOEFL = 550 (if English is not your first language)
- Three letters of recommendation (signed, dated and no more than two years old)
- Original transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- A brief essay (500 words or less) stating your academic goals and reasons for wanting to earn an MA in Rural Development
- Complete the RD M.A. Research Project Outline
- UAF Graduate Apply Now with a $60 processing fee
NOTE: Students with a BA degree grade point average below 3.0 must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Fall semester admission: April 15 (DANSRD ONLY)
Spring semester admission: October 15 (DANSRD ONLY)
Completed an Admissions application: