At the end of each semester, you will want to obtain grade reports. Often you can get this information directly from the instructor. However, official grade reports are often required by financial aid institutions as a condition for getting additional funding.
To obtain these reports, you may need to contact more than one institution. As a home- based student, you may be enrolled in courses through several different institutions, including your local or regional campus, UAF's Center for Distance Education and Independent Learning (CDE), or other colleges or universities. For example, you may be enrolled in the RD492 seminar through your local campus but also be enrolled in an independent learning course through CDE.
Your faculty advisor can help you identify who to call to obtain official grade rosters. We recommend that you follow this sequence in requesting grades:
- Contact your advisor to identify which institution has your grades for a particular course
- Contact your local or regional campus (e.g., Kuskokwim Campus, Interior-Aleutians Campus) where appropriate
- Contact the Center for Distance Education and Independent Learning (call Kim at 907/474-5389) where appropriate
- Contact other UA institutions (e.g., UAA or UAS) if enrolled in courses there
- Contact other colleges or universities where enrolled (e.g., Ilisagvik College; Internet-based courses)