OWL Quick Prep Course Login Instructions
NOTE: This description of how to log in to OWL is for the Quick Prep course. It is not for your usual log in to OWL in the semester. The blackboard site (http://classes.uaf.edu/) has information on how to log in to OWL for the Kotz et al., 8th edition home work used during the class. For the in-semester OWL, you need an access code, which comes with your book or could be purchased separately. Details are at Blackboard. Thanks!
1. Go to http://www.cengage.com/owl/
2. Choose your course (Quick Prep for General Chemistry), and then choose "Log in."
3. Choose the textbook: Quick Prep for General Chemistry; Botch, Day, Vining; ISBN: 0-495-56030-8
4. Choose the institution: University of Alaska - Fairbanks, Fairbanks, Alaska
5. On the page called "User Login and Student Registration: Select Department," click the blue arrow next to Chemistry Department.
5. When prompted on the "Self-registration form", fill in the information for your account and select the checkbox labeled "Use 90-day free trial (for new registrations only)." You will now have created an account.
6. Now go back through steps 1--4 an then select the OWL User Login page, fill in your login and password. Bookmark this page – this is your log in page for future visits to OWL.