Research projects in my group are generally in the areas of heterocyclic aromatic-, supramolecular, and metalloorganic supramolecular chemistry. Skills that will be thereby acquired include handling of air/moisture/ temperature sensitive materials, Dynamic NMR Spectroscopy, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Mass Spectrometry and preparative Coordination Chemistry. Project areas include:
- The synthesis of special ligands forming double-decker, liquid crystalline (LC) coordination complexes.
- Frequency-doubling, metallosupramolecular materials.
- Novel macrocyclic compounds for photoconductors and photodynamic therapy agents.
- Molecular Rotary Motors.
- B.S. McGill University (Chemistry)
- M.S. Michigan State University
- Dr. rer. nat. Technical University of Braunschweig
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
University of Alaska Fairbanks
900 Yukon Dr.
Fairbanks, AK 99775-6160