Health Center Fee is Not Insurance, What is the difference?
Health Center Fee: *This fee is $110 per semester.
- This fee allows you to utilize UAF’s Student Health & Counseling Center. See the Student Health & Counseling Center pamphlet for a description of our services.
- 9 or more credits/semester (Fall/Spring): MANDATORY fee and will be automatically charged to your fee statement. For Summer Sessions: if you take 6 credits or more over the course of the summer, the fee is mandatory.*
- 6-8 credits/semester (Fall/Spring): OPTIONAL (ask to have it added to your fees). For Summer Sessions, if you are taking less than 6 credits, you may use the health center for a bridge fee if you are enrolled in the upcoming fall semester for 6 or more credits and you were eligible for health center services in the preceding spring semester.
- Less than 6 credits/semester (Fall/Spring) or Summer Sessions: NOT AVAILABLE unless you qualify for the summer bridge fee.
- For students who are assessed the fee on a mandatory basis, the fee may be waived ONLY under certain circumstances (see your class schedule under Fees for more information).
- Please note that this fee is NOT a user fee – it is assessed to students as explained above and is not assessed based upon usage of the Health Center.
- The health center fee is based on a student’s cumulative credit hours over the course of the summer. If a student plans to take a total of six credits or more during the summer, he/she is encouraged to register early in order to be able to take advantage of the health center during all the summer months.