- Chemical inventory is used to keep track of chemicals that you and your faculty supervisor purchase, use, store or ship.
- The link to update your supervisor’s inventory is found here: http://www.uaf.edu/safety/industrial-hygiene/laboratory-safety/chem-gas/chemical-inventory/.
- When chemicals are purchased through UAF, the initial inventory is normally done by the Facilities Coordinator.
- Updating the faculty specific chemical inventory is the responsibility of the faculty member or an assigned individual working in the lab.
- ALL chemicals must be segregated based on compatibility in order to prevent dangerous chemical reactions that result in serious harm to users.
- Follow the NFPA rating found on Safety Data Sheets (SDS) or here: http://www.uaf.edu/safety/industrial-hygiene/laboratory-safety/chem-gas/safety-data-sheet/
- When handling hazardous chemicals, it is incumbent upon you to read the handling protocols for your chemicals. You can go to the SDS provided by the Distributor/Manufacturer. You can also find information here: http://www.uaf.edu/safety/industrial-hygiene/laboratory-safety/chem-gas/
- All used or surplus chemicals have a specific method for disposal. Refer to the SDS for information or contact Richard Deck at 474-5617 firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are disposing of a hazardous chemical, request pick up here (see right sidebar): http://www.uaf.edu/safety/industrial-hygiene/laboratory-safety/chem-gas/chemical-inventory/