The Insurance Claim Process for IMS/CFOS
1. PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR GATHERS THE NECESSARY ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS
- Photos by end users of the location of the incident and the damage to equipment if applicable.
- An incident report by end users, principal investigator and contractors (where appropriate) involved in the incident.
- An email with a copy of the original purchase order which has the date of purchase.
- Provide a current quote.
- Go to http://www.uaf.edu/safety/
occupational-safety/accident- reporting/ and submit an incident report (the Facilities Coordinator can do this for you) and upload the above documentation.
2. PRINCIPLE INVESTIGATOR FINALIZES RECEIPT OF REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT
- Inform involved parties of receipt of replacement equipment.
- Provide equipment serial number and model information to Facilities Coordinator.
- Request UA tag for the equipment from the Facilities Coordinator.
- Indicate where the equipment will be stored.
- Label equipment with complete contact information.
For more information about details of coverage please go to this link http://www.alaska.edu/