Food Security and Emergency Preparedness
Are you concerned about Food Security and Emergency Preparedness? It's important to know where your food comes from, how it gets here and how much is in town. Read Agent Darren Snyder's Food for Thought: Are we really food secure? for a discussion of food security issues.
Cooperative Extension offers several publications that can help you become better prepared to take care of yourself and your family in the event of a disaster or interruption of supplies to Alaska.
- A Management Plan For Home Food Storage (Utah State)
- Food Storage in the Home (Utah State)
- CCM-00080 The Cost of Preserving and Storing Foods in Alaska
- HGA-00331 Vegetable Storage in Root Cellars
- SAL-00007 Emergency Preparedness for Alaskans
- SAL-00004 What To Do Before the Flood
- SAL-00005 What To Do After the Flood
View our publications catalog to find more useful resources.