Relationships and Responsibility
Information for those involved with 4-H Projects and Programs
Extension Youth Development 4-H Agents and other Agents with 4-H Assignments, are faculty of the University of Alaska Fairbanks with responsibility for youth development and the 4-H program in their respective districts.
- They train
- Give leadership
- Coordinate and work with other youth development professionals, volunteers and youth
- They assist other youth development agencies, organizations and schools in serving the needs of youth
- Members of the community, volunteer leaders are interested in the development of youth.
- Adults and teens who are interested in becoming Leaders must complete a "4-H VOLUNTEER SERVICE APPLICATION" which will be screened and approved by an Extension agent.
Parents or Guardians are responsible for helping their children choose appropriate 4-H projects and encouraging them to complete project requirements and participate in 4-H events. Other responsibilities may include:
- providing leadership
- chaperoning youth
- transportation or refreshments for 4-H activities
- other tasks designated through individual clubs
- 4-H members learn to work together as a group, make new friends, attend meetings and other 4-H events.
- They are responsible for choosing a project and seeing it through, step by step, with the help of an adult or teen leader.
- Members may offered or seek responsibilities as club officers.
District wide 4-H program policy authority is delegated to Agents in the respective districts by the State 4-H Program Chair and the Director of the Cooperative Extension Service of the University of Alaska Fairbanks
F. Advisory Councils:
The State 4-H Leaders Advisory Council is a group of individuals concerned with the State Extension 4-H Program.
- They give advice and recommendations to the State 4-H Program Leader regarding the Extension 4-H Program in Alaska.
- State 4-H Advisory Council representatives are selected by the districts.
- Local District 4-H Leader Advisory groups advise and assist District Extension Agents and other 4-H staff.