Your main point of contact is:
Dawniel Dupee Accounts Technician/Travel CES & SNRAS-AFES
Responsible for: Travel (Travel Authorization & Travel Expense Report Processing, Ticket & Registration Purchasing, Travel Advances & Reimbursements)
PLEASE avoid sending DUPLICATE and/or INCOMPLETE TAs & TERs
Electronic TA Launched!
Dawniel "Fast-Track" Dupee has helped develop our own Electronic TA Form. This TA has many great features but looks much like the paper TA, so should be easy to transition to. Please use our TA only as there are many other electronic TA copies around, and they don't all have the features this one does.
- One form for single and multi-trips
- Gender box
- Date of birth box
- Seating preference
- Mileage plan number
- Registration line for cost and web link
- Two line options for lodging that will auto calculate
- Two lines options for per diem if combining two trips and lodging rates are different
- Ground transportation line with free form to add car rental or taxi.
- Baggage line added
- Parking line added
- We have also added lines for standard rate lodging which will auto calculate max base lodging rate and the domestic per diem/lodging website link.
Travel Tips & Info
- Turn in TAs as far in advance as possible, but at least 5 business days before travel.
- New AK Per Diem rate announced for travel commencing on or after 7/1/11: $52/day.
- New Mileage Reimbursement Rate for vehicles on or after 1/1/2013= $.565/mile (for prior to 1/3/13 or 2012 = $.555/mile).
- Individual travel expenses less than $25 may be reimbursed without a receipt. Total unreceipted expenses will not exceed $25 per expense report.
- Check out our NEW Rental Car section for Tips & Discount codes!
- Sign up for Direct Deposit Reimbursement to get your travel reimbursement fast!
- Use ACTUAL odometer readings/Mapquest-type substantiation for mileage forms (NO trip odometer readings).
- Do not use white out on TAs/TERs, cross out incorrect information, & rewrite.
- Do not provide SSNs. The University uses UA ID numbers. If traveler does not have UA ID provide full name, birth date & address.
- Please provide boarding passes with TERs if available, particularly when there is an excess baggage charge or a change fee.
- If you pay by personal check, please have vendor note the check number on your receipt.
- Send VOIDED or Trip Cancelled TAs (original white copy pre-printed, red-numbered) to Business Office, do not dispose!
- Please don't send loose receipts; tape securely to a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper.
NEW: CES Faculty and Staff Travel Policy 3/25/13
Please review the new policy for CES Faculty and Staff Travel
CLICK on each header below for detailed information.
- Blanket TAs
- Change Fees & Unused Tickets
- Direct Deposit Reimbursement, How-To
- Group Travel
- Mileage Form (1/1/2013 new rate $.565/mi)
- Per Diem Rates
- Ticket Purchase: Business vs Personal
- UAF Handbook After Travel Is Completed
- UAF Travel
- UAF Travel Handbook Intructions to Traveler
- UAF Travel Training Guide with step-by-step TA Instructions
Travel Training Power Point from UAF Travel: This Power Point presentation provides great information for those who help process travel. See pages 7-14 for detailed Travel Authorization instructions and pages 22-28 for details on how to prepare a TER. Click on Links for the Travel Coordinator: Travel Training Guide on UAF Travel page.