Your temporary main point of contact is:
Deb G Accounts Technician/Travel CES & SNRAS-AFES
Responsible for: Travel (Travel Authorization & Travel Expense Report Processing, Ticket & Registration Purchasing, Travel Advances & Reimbursements)
General Guidelines & Travel Procedures
The CES & SNRAS-AFES Business Office follows the UAF established travel regulations for requesting and reimbursing travel. It is the responsibility of the traveler to submit travel authorizations (TA) and travel expense reports (TER) within the established timeline. Please contact the travel coordinator at the Business Office if you have any questions concerning these procedures.
Please note that UA Travel Regulation R05.02.060 has been updated effective May 1st 2013. For travel commencing on or after May 1st 2013 use: R05.02.060
Click here for the 5/30/13 memo regarding travel regulation changes.
Click here for a printable version of the current CES & SNRAS-AFES Business Office Travel Procedures.
CLICK on each header below for detailed information on related procedures.
NEW: CES Faculty and Staff Travel Policy 3/25/13
Please review the new policy for CES Faculty and Staff Travel
Enterable Paper TA
Enterable TA Form: This TA has many great features but looks much like the paper TA, so should be easy to transition to. Please use our TA only as there are many other electronic TA copies around, and they don't all have the features this one does.
- One form for single and multi-trips
- Gender box
- Date of birth box
- Seating preference
- Mileage plan number
- Registration line for cost and web link
- Two line options for lodging that will auto calculate
- Two lines options for per diem if combining two trips and lodging rates are different
- Ground transportation line with free form to add car rental or taxi.
- Baggage line added
- Parking line added
- We have also added lines for standard rate lodging which will auto calculate max base lodging rate and the domestic per diem/lodging website link.
PLEASE avoid sending DUPLICATE and/or INCOMPLETE TAs & TERs
Travel Tips & Info
- The preferred method of transmitting travel documents (paper TAs/TERs, backup for TEM documents) is via scan/e-mail: email@example.com. Original receipts are no longer required for travel reimbursement.
- Mileage Reimbursement Rate for vehicles on or after 1/1/2013= $.565/mile. The mileage form needs to be completed with actual odometer readings or Mapquest-type substantiation (NO trip odometer readings). Signature on bottom of form is not required.
- Do not use white out on TAs/TERs, cross out incorrect information and rewrite.
- For those using TEM: you must still complete a paper travel authorization (TA) and travel expense report (TER) if you have no reimbursable expenses, or travel is being done for a non-employee (guest speaker, volunteer, etc)
- All paper travel authorizations (TA) need the following signatures: traveler, supervisor, person authorized to expend funds (contact Business Office if you are not sure who this would be), Director if travel is out-of-state.
- Use UA ID numbers instead of SSN on forms. If traveler does not have UA ID (3XXXXXXX) provide full name, birth date & address.
- Conference/meeting/event agendas need to be sent with your travel authorization and travel expense reports. If an agenda is not yet available, send the official announcement that indicates dates and place.
- No acronyms on the travel authorization. For example, if you are attending the WXYZ, please spell out the full name of meeting/conference/event.
- If you are taking personal days on your trip, include actual dates of the entire trip on the travel authorization. When submitting the travel expense report, you will complete it and be reimbursed based on the “business only” itinerary.
- Paper travel expense reports (TER) don’t need supervisor approval. Once the traveler signs it, send directly to the Travel Coordinator in the Business Office.
- Remember to keep and submit copies of itinerary changes with your travel expense report (boarding passes will work). If you change a leg of your travel, let the Business Office know, so that credits can be accounted for and used.
- Boarding passes no longer need to be submitted with the travel expense report unless you are using to show changes in your itinerary.
- Individual travel expenses less than $25 may be reimbursed without a receipt. Total un-receipted expenses may not exceed $25 per expense report.
- You must have receipts for everything you want reimbursed (i.e. taxi, parking, baggage, registrations, etc.). If you pay by personal check, please have vendor note the check number on your receipt. Please don't send loose receipts; tape securely to a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper.
- Per diem is based on where you lay your head.
- Sign up for direct deposit through UAOnline to get your travel reimbursement faster! This is only available to students and employees.
- Blanket TAs
- Change Fees & Unused Tickets
- Direct Deposit Reimbursement, How-To
- Group Travel
- Mileage Form (1/1/2013 new rate $.565/mi)
- Per Diem Rates
- Ticket Purchase: Business vs Personal
- UA Statewide Travel Links Per Diem
- UAF Handbook After Travel Is Completed
- UAF Travel
- UAF Travel Handbook Intructions to Traveler
- UAF Travel Training Guide with step-by-step TA Instructions
Travel Training Power Point from UAF Travel: This Power Point presentation provides great information for those who help process travel. See pages 7-14 for detailed Travel Authorization instructions and pages 22-28 for details on how to prepare a TER. Click on Links for the Travel Coordinator: Travel Training Guide on UAF Travel page.