Payroll & Recruitment
Human Resources (HR) Policies
Your main points of contact are:
Sabrina Lincoln HR Technician SNRAS-AFES
Responsible for: Payroll (Distribution, Keying of Timesheets); Personnel; Job Forms; Keys; Sign-Off for PPA Paperwork for SNRAS; Benefits; Backup for CES Payroll/Personnel Technician; Recruiting
Debbie Blevins HR Technician CES
Responsible for: Payroll (Distribution, Keying of Timesheets); Personnel; Job Forms; Keys; Sign-Off for PPA Paperwork for CES; Benefits; Backup for SNRAS Payroll/Personnel Technician; Recruiting
As soon as you know you need to hire someone, please contact your HR Technician for further guidance.
Web Time Entry (WTE- electronic timesheets)
All hourly (non-exempt) employees should now be using Web Time Entry (WTE- electronic timesheets). This portion of the WTE only includes benefited staff, student and temporary employees that write-in hours for each day worked on their timesheets. The following link to the UA Statewide Office of Human Resources website contains the demos for non-exempt staff and time sheet approvers. http://www.alaska.edu/hr/hr-procedures/web-timesheets/
Note: Salaried employees (Exempt employees) will be incorporated soon.
HOW TO ACCESS ELECTRONIC TIMESHEETS: Employees will be accessing the electronic timesheets (WTE) through their UAOnline account. Please make sure that you are able to access UAOnline before the trainings. If you have issues accessing UAOnline, please contact UAF HR at 474-7700. It is very quick and easy to have the password reset.
Training will be scheduled during the first week that electronic timesheets are available. There will be training for Supervisors and Employees.
CLICK on each header below for detailed information.
Payroll Calendar & Timesheet Deadlines
- Timesheets are due to HR Technicians in the Business Office by noon on payday Friday; unless there is a notice attached to your timesheet or sent via e-mail indicating a different due date or time.
- Timesheets must be received with your signature & your supervisor’s signature. This includes faculty timesheets.
- If an employee is unavailable to sign their timesheet, the person signing for them should indicate “signature not available/XXX”, where XXX is the signing person’s signature, not initials.
- Timesheets should be filled out in dark ink, never in pencil or colored ink.
- Exempt employees should fill in whether leave is taken or not, and the percentage of effort they are reporting.
- Non-exempt (hourly) employees should indicate the hours worked in each day. Once you have reached 40 hours in a week, the rest of the hours in that week should be reported as overtime.
Calendar: Payroll Calendar 2011-2012
- Accident/Incident Report form (UAF)
- CES Request for Leave form
- Direct Deposit Request Form (payroll)
- HR Guidance: Fair Volunteers
- Position Description form for creating a new position, or rewriting a current position
- Reporting Accidents & Incidents memo 10-29-2010
- Request for Change form: name, address, phone number, marital status, and/or Social Security number for an employee, student, and/or vendor
- Safety Training, required for all UA employees
- Staff Resources - UAF HR
- Supervisor Training schedule, UAF HR Training page
- Tuition Waiver Memo 12-14-10 UAF Business Office
- UA Benefits page
- Volunteers at UAF
- Waiver Request - Tuition