With academic freedom being at our core, UAF strives to create an inclusive respectful campus community that promotes and embraces our individual differences. We are united in our belief that diversity includes understanding and respecting differences in ideas, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, national origin, physical attributes, disability, age, and socioeconomic status. We celebrate diversity and strive to create equity in all of our educational and employment endeavors.
CDAC Mission Statement
The mission of the Chancellor's Diversity Action Committee is to promote an environment:
- where the diverse nature of all people is acknowledged
- where diversity is respected
- where diversity is celebrated as a strength
- where diversity is valued
- where achieving equity is expected