College of Rural and Community Development
Community and Technical College
Minimum Requirements for Occupational Endorsement: 16 credits
The administrative assistant occupational endorsement may be earned in one semester and represents a large portion of the course work required for the applied business management certificate. Students must complete all courses with a grade of C- or better and satisfactorily complete a two-week practicum at the culmination of training in order to earn the endorsement. This program is open to those who have completed the university application process and are at an appropriate English level for ABUS F170 Business English (as shown by English placement scores). Applicants must be 16 years old to be admitted.
Occupational Endorsement Program
- Complete the following admissions requirement: Be at least 16 years old by the first day of the semester in which you are admitted.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the occupational endorsement requirements.
- Complete the following:*
ABUS F102A--Keyboarding: Touch Typing (1)
or ABUS F102C--Keyboarding: Document Formatting (1)--1 credit
ABUS F154--Human Relations--3 credits
ABUS F170--Business English (3)
or ABUS F271--Business Communications (3)--3 credits
ABUS F182--Office Procedures--3 credits
- Complete 6 credits from the following:*
ABUS F183--Advanced Job Readiness Skills--2 credits
ABUS F199--Practicum in Applied Business--1 credit
CIOS F130--Microcomputer Word Processing--3 credits
CIOS F135--Microcomputer Spreadsheets--3 credits
CIOS F150--Computer Business Applications--3 credits
- Minimum credits required--16 credits
* Students must earn a C- grade or better in each course.