1999-2000 UAF Catalog
Degrees and Programs
College of Liberal Arts
Department of Physical Education and Exercise Science
The athletic coaching minor is available for students more interested in coaching athletic teams, in schools or communities, than in the more general discipline of physical education.
1. Complete the following:
- PE 411 -- Sport and Physical Activity in Today's World (3 credits)
- PE 412 -- Principles and Problems in Athletic Coaching (3 credits)
- PE 421 -- Physiology of Exercise (4 credits)
- PE 432 -- Biomechanics of Human Performance (4 credits)
2. Complete approved courses which develop competency
- PE 440 -- Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries (3 credits)
in the area selected for coaching (3 credits)
3. Minimum credits required (20 credits)
Note: This minor is not available with a physical education major.
Catalog Index | Class Schedule | Admissions | UAF Home | UAF Search | News and Events
Send comments or questions to the UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified March 10, 1999