1999-2000 UAF Catalog
Degrees and Programs
A minor in Asian studies provides instruction in the varieties of Asian languages and cultures through an interdisciplinary approach, and enables students to consolidate various course offerings into a meaningful and cohesive program relevant to several major fields of specialization.
1. Complete 15 credits in approved Asian Studies courses:*
a. Asian studies courses for consideration:
- GEOG 311W -- Geography of Asia (3 credits)
- HIST 121 -- East Asian Civilization (3 credits)
- HIST 122 -- East Asian Civilization (3 credits)
- HIST 330 -- Modern China (3 credits)
- HIST 331 -- Modern Japan (3 credits)
- JPN 101 -- Elementary Japanese I (5 credits)
- JPN 102 -- Elementary Japanese II (5 credits)
- JPN 201 -- Intermediate Japanese I (4 credits)
- JPN 202 -- Intermediate Japanese II (4 credits)
2. Minimum credits required (15 credits)
- PHIL 202 -- Introduction to Eastern Philosophy (3 credits)
* Courses must be distributed among at least 3 departments and include material on at least 2 Asian countries.
Catalog Index | Class Schedule | Admissions | UAF Home | UAF Search | News and Events
Send comments or questions to the UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified March 10, 1999