Minimum Requirements for Degree: 30-36 credits
The engineer of mines degree is a professional degree awarded to UAF engineering graduates who have a minimum of five years of responsible engineering experience.
Engineer of Mines -- E.M. Degree
1. Complete the following admission requirements:
a. Complete a UAF School of Mineral Engineering degree.
b. Complete a resume of engineering work experience and synopsis of proposed thesis topic.
2. Complete the general university requirements.
3. Complete the Engineer of Mines degree requirements.*
4. Complete a thesis.**
5. Minimum credits required (30-36 credits)
* Class work beyond the initial degree is not required, but may be recommended.
** Registration at UAF during the semester of the thesis submittal is required.
Send comments or questions to the
UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified June 10, 1998