1998-99 UAF Catalog
Degrees and Programs
College of Rural Alaska
Industrial and Service Technology Division
The minor in arctic skills prepares a person to cope with the outdoor arctic environment. Anyone who lives and works in a northern climate will benefit from the skills developed in this minor.
Completion of the minor will also earn the student a State of Alaska EMT I certificate and may prepare a student to take the FAA written exam for partial fulfillment of the private pilot certificate.
1. Complete the following:
- AVTY 100 -- Private Pilot Ground School (4)
or ATVY 111 -- Fundamentals of Aviation (3) (3-4 credits)
- AVTY 231 -- Arctic Survival (3 credits)
- EMS 119 -- EMT: Emergency Medical Technician I (6 credits)
- EMS 247 A, B -- Arctic Survival (2 credits)
2. Minimum credits required (15 credits)
- Approved electives* (3-4 credits)
* Approved by program manager.
| Class Schedule
| UAF Home
| UAF Search
| News and Events
Send comments or questions to the
UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified June 10, 1998