1997-98 UAF Catalog
Degrees and Programs
Course Description Index
Interdisciplinary Program (907) 474-6396
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
The Bachelor of Technology degree offers qualified applicants the opportunity to expand upon their technical education. The Bachelor of Technology degree allows students to choose one of three areas of study: Business, Interdisciplinary Studies, or Education (currently not available).
Business enhances managerial/entrepreneurial skills. Interdisciplinary studies allows the exceptional student to tailor a baccalaureate program to his/her own unique needs.
Information and advising for this degree is through the Academic Advising Center.
Undergraduate Degree Requirements
Technology -- B.T. Degree
- 1. Complete the baccalaureate core (38-39 credits).
- 2. Complete the following B.T. requirements in addition to the core:
- ENGL 314 -- (to count as one of the upper division writing intensive courses) (3 credits)
- MATH -- one course at the 100-level or above (3 credits)
- Computer competency (3 credits)
- TTCH 301 -- Technology and Society (3 credits)
- 3. Area of specialization
- 4. Complete one of the following options:
- Option 1: (32 credits)
- Note: For this option, no more than 25% of total coursework may be taken in the School of Management.
- ACCT 161/262 -- Accounting Concepts and Uses (6 credits)
- ECON 200 -- Principles of Economics (4 credits)
- STAT 200 -- Elementary Probability and Statistics (3 credits)
- BA 151 -- Introduction to Business (3 credits)
- BA 307 -- Personnel Management (3 credits)
- BA 325 -- Financial Management (3 credits)
- BA 330 -- Legal Environment of Business (4 credits)
- BA 343 -- Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- Specialty Electives (3 credits)
- (Advisor approved upper division internship or advanced technical experience.)
- Option 2: (38 credits) (currently not available)
- Note: For this option students must apply and be accepted to the Teachers for Alaska Program. The area of specialization must be one that can be certified for teaching.
- Option 3: Interdisciplinary (Minimum of 30 credits)
- For this option see "Interdisciplinary Studies" in the Degrees and Programs section.
- 5. Electives (1-7 credits)
- Minimum credits required for degree (120 credits)
- Of the above, at least 39 credits must be taken in upper division (300-level or higher) courses.
- The candidate for the B.T. degree must have 1) a minimum of 30 semester credits at UAF in the area of specialization (either completed in residence or accepted by transfer as equivalent to specific UAF courses), and 2) demonstrated competence in an applied or technical field. Competence must be demonstrated as follows:
- 1. Having earned an Associate of Applied Science degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- 2. Substitute one of the following as a demonstration of competency in an applied or technical field with the approval of the Curricular Affairs Committee of the Faculty Senate:
- a. an A.A.S. or similar degree earned at a nonaccredited institution
- b. state or federal certification deemed appropriate by the faculty
- c. journeyman status in trades and industry
| UAF Home
| UAF Search
| News and Events
Send comments or questions to the
UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified June 9, 1997