General University Tuition and Fees
||100% Refund Tuition and Fees
||50% Refund Tuition Only
|Semester length courses
||Prior to and during the first 5 days
of instruction for the semester
||6th through 10th days of instruction
for the semester** ||On or after
the 11th day of instruction for the semester**
|Courses meeting more than one week
but less than a semester ||Prior
to and during the first 7 calendar cays of the course***
||8th through 14th calendar day of the
course*** ||On or after the 15th
calendar day of the course***
|Courses meeting less than one week
in length ||On or before the
first day of the course ||None
||After the first day of the course
* Drop/Add and Total Withdrawal forms must be submitted to the Registrar's
Office by the deadlines to qualify for refunds.
** The first day of
instruction for semester-length courses is the first day of instruction listed
in the semester registration class schedule.
*** Student initiated
withdrawals are permitted only during the first 60 percent of a course.
Therefore, no refunds will be issued after the withdrawal deadline for any
If you move off campus or withdraw from the university, room refunds will be
given according to the following schedule:
|Withdrawal Period||Refund Amount|
|Class days 1-5||75%
of the semester housing charge|
days 6-15||50% of the semester housing charge|
|Class days 16-30||25% of the semester housing charge|
|Beyond 30 days||No
refund will be issued.|
Any refund of board charges will be calculated based upon the days remaining
in the semester. A service charge of $75 will be subtracted from each refund of
board changes, regardless of the date of withdrawal from the board plan. No
refunds will be available after the twelfth week of the semester.
If you are withdrawing from courses or canceling enrollment, you must
complete an official withdrawal form and turn it in at the Office of The
Registrar. Full or partial refund of undergraduate and graduate credit hour
fees, and the non-resident tuition and fees will be made under the following
- If the courses you registered for are canceled by UAF, your tuition and
fees will be refunded in full.
- If you formally withdraw from a course, a refund will be made according to
the following schedule as determined by the date of the formal withdrawal
- For semester-length courses:
- 100 percent refund of tuition and fees - withdrawal prior to and during
the first five days of instruction for the semester. ASUAF, parking and Health
Center fees will be refunded only if you return your stickers when you withdraw.
- 50 percent refund of tuition only - withdrawal on or after the sixth day
through the tenth day of instruction for the semester.
- No refund or exchange of tuition - withdrawal on or after the eleventh day
of instruction for the semester.
- For the purpose of the refund policy in A. 1., 2., and 3., the first day
of instruction is the date as indicated in the official semester registration
- For courses meeting more than one week but less than a semester:
- Refund deadlines for less than semester-length classes are pro-rated based
on a 15-week semester.
- No refund - withdrawal on or after the last day for student-initiated
- The first day of instruction is the course start date as indicated in the
semester registration class schedule. No refunds will be issued after the
official withdrawal deadline for any course.
- The date of withdrawal on your official withdrawal form determines your
eligibility for a refund.
- If your registration is canceled as a result of disciplinary action, you
forfeit all rights to a refund of any portion of your tuition and fees.
- If you paid fees by personal check, any refund to which you may be
entitled will be processed 30 days after your check has been deposited.
- Vocational/technical course fees are subject to this refund schedule.
- In case the operations of UAF are adversely affected by war, riot, natural
act, action of civil authority, strike or other emergency or condition, the
university reserves the right to take action to curtail part or all of its
operations, including action to cancel classes and action to discontinue
services. In any case in which a significant curtailment is judged proper by
UAF, the university's liability is limited to (at most) a refund of tuition and
Last revised 11/12/96