College of Liberal Arts
Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
Students majoring in Russian studies are encouraged to spend one or two semesters on an exchange program in Russia.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the B.A. degree requirements.
- Complete the following Russian studies core requirements:*
RUSS F201--Intermediate Russian I--4 credits
RUSS F202--Intermediate Russian II--4 credits
RUSS F301W,O--Advanced Russian--3 credits
RUSS F302W,O--Advanced Russian--3 credits
RUSS F431--Studies in Russian Culture--3 credits
RUSS F432--Studies of Russian Literature--3 credits
RUSS F482--Selected Topics in Russian Literature--3 credits
- Complete 9 credits from the following Russian Studies electives:*
ANTH F302--Ethnography of Siberia--3 credits
BA F460O--International Business--3 credits
ECON F463W--International Economics--3 credits
GEOG F306--Geography of Russia--3 credits
HIST F315--Europe: 1900 - 1945--3 credits
HIST F464--History of Russia--3 credits
PS F468W--Government and Politics of Russia--3 credits
- Minimum credits required--120 credits
* Student must earn a C grade or better in each course.
Note: BA F460 and ECON F463 are recommended for students who are planning to minor in business administration. Please contact the business administration department for prerequisites.
- Complete the following:
15 credits from the Russian studies core or an advisor-approved combination from the Russian studies core and Russian studies electives.--15 credits
- Minimum credits required--15 credits