Office of Interdisciplinary Programs
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
This program offers qualified applicants the opportunity to expand upon their vocational/technical education.
The interdisciplinary studies B.T. degree allows exceptional students to tailor a bachelor's degree program to their unique needs. Information and advising for this degree is through the Office of the Graduate School and Interdisciplinary Programs.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the following B.T. degree requirements.
ENGL F314W,O/2—Technical Writing—3 credits
MATH/CS/STAT elective at the F100-level—3 credits
TTCH F301—Technology and Society—3 credits
Computer competency—3 credits
Specialty Electives—6 credits
(Advisor approved upper-division internship or advanced technical experience.)
- Complete 30 credits of interdisciplinary studies approved by a faculty committee.*
- Complete 30 credits at UAF (either completed in residence or accepted by transfer as equivalent to specific UAF courses) from one of the following areas of specialization:
- An associate of applied science degree from an accredited institution of higher education. In general, the name of the degree shall be bachelor of technology.
- Substitute one of the following qualifications in an applied or technical field with the approval of the Curricular Affairs Committee of the Faculty Senate:
• A.A.S. or similar degree earned at a non-accredited institution, deemed appropriate by the faculty.
• State or federal certification deemed appropriate by the faculty.
• Journeyman status in trades and industry, deemed appropriate by the faculty.
- Minimum credits required—120 credits
* Student must earn a C grade or better in each course.
See "Interdisciplinary Studies" in the degrees program section.
Note: At least 39 credits must be F300-level or above.