College of Liberal Arts
Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
Students majoring in Russian studies are encouraged to spend one or two semesters on an exchange program in Russia.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the B.A. degree requirements.
- Complete the following Russian studies core requirements:*
RUSS F201—Intermediate Russian I—4 credits
RUSS F202—Intermediate Russian II—4 credits
RUSS F301W,O—Advanced Russian—3 credits
RUSS F302W,O—Advanced Russian—3 credits
RUSS F431—Studies in Russian Culture—3 credits
RUSS F432—Studies of Russian Literature—3 credits
RUSS F482—Selected Topics in Russian Literature—3 credits
- Complete 9 credits from the following Russian Studies electives:*
ANTH F302—Ethnography of Siberia—3 credits
BA F460O—International Business—3 credits
ECON F463W—International Economics—3 credits
GEOG F306—Geography of Russia—3 credits
HIST F315—Europe: 1900 – 1945—3 credits
HIST F460—Russian America—3 credits
HIST F464—History of Russia—3 credits
PS F468W—Government and Politics of Russia—3 credits
- Minimum credits required—120 credits
* Student must earn a C grade or better in each course.
Note: BA F460 and ECON F463 are recommended for students who are planning to minor in business administration. Please contact the business administration department for prerequisites.
- Complete the following:
15 credits from the Russian studies core or an advisor-approved combination from the Russian studies core and Russian studies electives.—15 credits
- Minimum credits required—15 credits