Office of Interdisciplinary Programs
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 creditscredits
Downloadable PDF (PDF 117K)
This program offers qualified applicants the opportunity to expand upon their vocational/technical education.
The interdisciplinary studies B.T. degree allows exceptional students to tailor a bachelor’s degree program to their unique needs. Information and advising for this degree is through the Office of the Graduate School and Interdisciplinary Programs.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the following B.T. degree requirements.
- Complete the following:
ENGL 314W,O/2--Technical Writing--3 credits
MATH/CS/STAT elective at the 100-level--3 credits
TTCH 301--Technology and Society--3 credits
Computer competency--3 credits
Specialty Electives--6 credits
(Advisor approved upper-division internship or advanced technical experience.)
- Complete 30 credits of interdisciplinary studies approved by a faculty committee.*
- Complete 30 credits at UAF (either completed in residence or accepted by transfer as equivalent to specific UAF courses) from one of the following areas of specialization:
- An associate of applied science degree from an accredited institution of higher education. In general, the name of the degree shall be bachelor of technology.
one of the following qualifications in an applied or technical field with the
approval of the Curricular Affairs Committee of the Faculty Senate:
- A.A.S. or similar degree earned at a non-accredited institution, deemed appropriate by the faculty.
- State or federal certification deemed appropriate by the faculty.
- Journeyman status in trades and industry, deemed appropriate by the faculty.
- Minimum credits required--120 credits
* Student must earn a C grade or better in each course.
See "Interdisciplinary Studies" in the degrees program section.
Note: At least 39 credits must be 300-level or above.