College of Natural Science and Mathematics
Department of Physics
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 30 credits
Downloadable PDF (48K)
The general science program offers M.S. degrees in the biological sciences, chemistry, the geosciences and physics. The M.S. degree may be described as a breadth degree, rather than a depth degree, so a candidate normally pursues a course of study in one of these disciplines and is cooperating with at least one other discipline.
- Complete the following admissions requirement:
- Complete a baccalaureate degree with a 3.0 GPA.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the master's degree requirements.
- At least 21 credits must be earned in science and mathematics. At least 12 credits must be earned in the major discipline selected. A thesis (maximum of 3 credits or project (no credit) must be completed in the major discipline. It is not intended that the individual courses comprising the program merely satisfy the credit requirements; each course should contribute to the specific aim of the candidate, and the thesis or project should reflect this aim.
- Minimum credits required--30
See Physics, Applied.
See Space Physics.