Office of Interdisciplinary Programs
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
Downloadable PDF (50K)
This program offers qualified applicants the opportunity to expand upon their vocational/technical education.
The interdisciplinary studies B.T. degree allows exceptional students to tailor a baccalaureate program to their unique needs. Information and advising for this degree is through the Office of the Graduate School and Interdisciplinary Programs.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the following B.T. degree requirements.
- Complete the following:
ENGL 314W,O/2--Technical Writing 3 credits
MATH/CS/STAT elective at the 100-level 3 credits
TTCH 301--Technology and Society 3 credits
Computer competency 3 credits
Specialty Electives 6 credits
(Advisor approved upper-division internship or advanced technical experience.)
- Complete 30 credits of interdisciplinary studies approved by a faculty committee.*
- Complete 30 credits at UAF (either completed in residence or accepted by transfer as equivalent to specific UAF courses) from one of the following areas of specialization:
- An associate of applied science degree from an accredited institution of higher education. In general, the name of the degree shall be bachelor of technology.
- Substitute 1 of the following qualifications in an applied or technical field with the approval of the Curricular Affairs Committee of the Faculty Senate:
- A.A.S. or similar degree earned at a non-accredited institution, deemed appropriate by the faculty.
- State or federal certification deemed appropriate by the faculty.
- Journeyman status in trades and industry, deemed appropriate by the faculty.
- Minimum credits required 120
* Student must earn a C grade or better in each course.
See "Interdisciplinary Studies" in the degrees program section.
Note: At least 39 credits must be 300-level or above.