College of Liberal Arts
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
Students majoring in Russian studies are encouraged to spend one or two semesters on an exchange program in Russia.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the B.A. degree requirements.
- Complete the following Russian studies core requirements:*
RUSS 201Intermediate Russian I 4 credits
RUSS 202Intermediate Russian II 4 credits
RUSS 301W,OAdvanced Russian 3 credits
RUSS 302W,OAdvanced Russian 3 credits
RUSS 431Studies in Russian Culture 3 credits
RUSS 432Studies of Russian Literature 3 credits
RUSS 482Selected Topics in Russian Literature 3 credits
- Complete 9 credits from the following Russian Studies electives:*
ANTH 302Ethnography of Siberia 3 credits
BA 460OInternational Business 3 credits
ECON 463WInternational Economics 3 credits
GEOG 306Geography of Russia 3 credits
HIST 315Europe: 1900-1945 3 credits
HIST 460Russian America 3 credits
HIST 464History of Russia 3 credits
PS 468WGovernment and Politics of Russia 3 credits
- Minimum credits required 120
* Student must earn a C grade or better in each course.
Note: BA 460 and ECON 463 are recommended for students who are planning to minor in business administration. Please contact the business administration department for prerequisites.
- Complete 15 credits from the Russian studies core or an advisor-approved combination from the Russian studies core and Russian studies electives.
- Minimum credits required 15