2003-2004 UAF Catalog
Degrees and Programs
Interdisciplinary Program(907) 474-6396
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
Downloadable PDF (440K)
This program offers qualified applicants the opportunity to expand upon their vocational/technical education. The B.T. degree allows students to choose business or interdisciplinary studies.
Business enhances managerial/entrepreneurial skills. Interdisciplinary studies allows the exceptional student to tailor a baccalaureate program to their unique needs. Information and advising for this degree is through the Academic Advising Center.
1. Complete the general university requirements. As part of the core curriculum requirements, complete MATH 161X.
a. Complete the following:**
5. Complete 30 credits at UAF in the area of specialization (either completed in residence or accepted by transfer as equivalent to specific UAF courses).
Complete 1 of the following to demonstrate competence in the area of specialization:
a. An associate of applied science degree from an accredited institution of higher education. In general, the name of the degree shall be bachelor of technology. The following concentration areas are available to students who complete a UAF A.A.S. degree.
* Apprenticeship Technology
* Community Health
* Culinary Arts
* Dental Assistant
* Early Childhood Education
* Emergency Services
* Human Services
* Information Technology Specialist
* Maintenance Technology
* Medical Assistant
* Office Management and Technology
* Paralegal Studies
* Process Technology
* Professional Piloting
* Renewable Resources
* Tribal Management
b. Substitute 1 of the following as a demonstration of competency in an applied or technical field with the approval of the Curricular Affairs Committee of the Faculty Senate:
* A.A.S. or similar degree earned at a non-accredited institution, deemed appropriate by the faculty.
* State or federal certification deemed appropriate by the faculty.
* Journeyman status in trades and industry, deemed appropriate by the faculty.
6. Minimum credits required (120 credits)
* Student must earn a C grade or better in each course.
** No more than 25% of total coursework may be taken in the School of Management.
*** See "Interdisciplinary Studies" in the Degrees and Programs section.
Note: At least 39 credits must be 300-level or above.
Class Schedule |
Send comments or questions to the UAF Admissions Office .
Last modified September 4, 2003 by University Relations Web Developer.