Minimum Requirements for Degree: 30 credits
The science management curriculum is designed for graduate scientists who will hold executive or managerial positions in engineering, construction, industrial or governmental organizations. It includes human relations, financial, economic, quantitative, technical and legal subjects useful in solving management problems.
Science Management -- M.S. Degree
1. Complete the following admission requirements:
a. Complete a bachelor's degree in a scientific field.
b. Submit GRE scores.
2. Complete the general university requirements.
3. Complete the master's degree requirements.
4. Complete a programming course or a qualifying examination.
5. Present project reports which provide comprehensive analysis and propose solutions to a situation in an engineering or scientific management setting. Pass an oral comprehensive examination.
6. Complete the following:
** If a student has had a course in engineering economy, ACCT 602 and BA 625 may be taken; otherwise, ESM 605 and ACCT 602 are required.
Note: Substitutes for courses are permitted if similar courses are included in the student's previous academic background. Both substitutes and transfer of credit (maximum 9 credits) must be approved by the department.
See Civil Engineering.
See Engineering Management.
See Environmental Engineering and Environmental Quality Science.
Send comments or questions to the UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified March 22, 2001 by University Relations Web Developer.