Minimum Requirements for Degree: 30-36 credits
The engineer of mines degree is a professional degree awarded to UAF engineering graduates who have a minimum of five years of responsible engineering experience.
Engineer of Mines -- E.M. Degree
1. Complete the following admission requirements:
a. Complete a UAF School of Mineral Engineering degree.
b. Complete a resume of engineering work experience and synopsis of proposed thesis topic.
2. Complete the general university requirements.
3. Complete the Engineer of Mines degree requirements.*
4. Complete a thesis.**
5. Minimum credits required (30-36 credits)
* Class work beyond the initial degree is not required, but may be recommended.
** Registration at UAF during the semester of the thesis submittal is required.
Send comments or questions to the UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified March 22, 2001 by University Relations Web Developer.