Minimum Requirements for Degree: 33 credits
The science management curriculum is designed for graduate scientists who will hold executive or managerial positions in engineering, construction, industrial or governmental organizations. It includes human relations, financial, economic, quantitative, technical and legal subjects useful in solving management problems.
Science Management -- M.S. Degree
1. Complete the following admission requirement:
a. Complete a bachelor's degree in a scientific field.
2. Complete the general university requirements.
3. Complete the master's degree requirements.
4. Complete a programming course or a qualifying examination.
5. Complete a project report and oral comprehensive examination.
6. Complete the following:
7. Complete 1 of the following:
8. Complete the following:
9. Complete the following:
10. Minimum credits required (33 credits)
* School of Management courses can be applied to no more than 12 credits of the ESM program.
** If a student has had a course in engineering economy, ACCT 602 and BA 625 may be taken; otherwise, ESM 605 and ACCT 602 are required.
Note: Substitutes for courses are permitted if similar courses are included in the student's previous academic background. Both substitutes and transfer of credit (maximum 9 credits) must be approved by the department.
See Civil Engineering.
See Engineering Management.
See Environmental Quality Engineering and Environmental Quality Management.
Send comments or questions to the UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified March 10, 2000