Minimum Requirements for Degree: 120 credits
The communication program prepares students to handle the challenges of communicating effectively and ethically in a rapidly changing world characterized by diversity in gender, cultural background and belief. The communication program provides a comprehensive background. Individuals majoring in other disciplines find communication electives valuable additions to their programs.
Communication -- B.A. Degree
1. Complete the general university requirements.
2. Complete the B.A. degree requirements.
3. Complete the following program (major) requirements:*
a. Complete the following:
b. Complete 3 of the following:***
4. Minimum credits required (120 credits)
* Student must earn a C grade or better in each course.
** If taken to meet the upper division of baccalaureate core requirement for Ethics/Values and Choices in the Perspectives in the Human Condition, then the student must take an additional 300- or 400-level communication course to complete the major (12 additional elective credits).
*** With approval of advisor, an appropriate level special topics or independent studies course in communication may be used to meet this requirement.
1. Complete the following:
2. Complete communication electives at the 300-level or above* (6 credits)
3. Minimum credits required (15 credits)
* If COMM 300X is taken to satisfy the baccalaureate core requirement, then 9 elective credits are required.
Note: Courses designated as social science or humanities that are taken for the minor may also be used to fulfill social science and/or humanities distribution requirements for the B.A. degree.
See Professional Communication (for M.A. degree).
Send comments or questions to the UAF Admissions Office.
Last modified March 10, 2000