Exceptional Student Employee Award (ESEA)
The UAF Exceptional Student Employee Award recognizes student employees who effectively balance excellent job performance and successful academics. This award honors extraordinary contributions by student employees, as well as honoring the role that student employees perform at UAF. University staff, faculty, or fellow students can nominate student employees for this award. Award recipients will receive a gift certificate for from the UAF Bookstore and a recognition plaque.
Nominations criteria and characteristics:
- Must have been employed in a UAF student job for at least one month
- Performs successfully in both employment and academic coursework
- Displays traits of professionalism in the workplace including dependability, responsibility, initiative and a positive approach
- Shows commitment to the UAF community and mission
- Consistently performs above and beyond expectations on the job
Nominations must include:
- Nomination Form
- At least one letter of nomination from a UAF coummunity member describing how the student displays the award criteria and characterisitics. Multiple letters are accepted.
Upon nomination the nominee will be notified and asked to submit a written statement describing their on-campus employment experience while attending UAF.
Students can be nominated each semester, but are only eligible to receive the award once per academic year.
You may submit your nominations either by completing an on-line nomination form or printing the pdf form and faxing it to Career Services at 474-7445.
Nominations for Spring 2013 are due no later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
View past nominees and recipients.