407 Denali Lane
Morton Stevens Hall is identical in design to McIntosh and Nerland halls, the eastern and central buildings in the residence hall complex on Denali Lane. It opened in 1958, one of five new residence halls built to accommodate the rapidly growing student population. Initially a men’s dormitory, the 100-student hall today is coed by floor. Students live in double or single rooms on four floors.
The hall is named for Morton Stevens, a member and president of the Alaska Agricultural College and School of Mines Board of Trustees from 1921-1932.