Hess Village

751–762 Kuskokwim Way


Hess Village
Photo by Allison Blanchard, UAF Marketing and Communications

The Hess Village apartment complex opened in 1972 for married students and students with children. The village is made up of 16 one-bedroom, 48 two-bedroom and eight three-bedroom furnished apartments with a separate recreation center for unit residents.

The complex was renamed Hess Village, in honor of Luther Hess, who was a member of the Territorial Legislature, and Harriet Hess, who was a member of the Alaska Agricultural College and School of Mines Board of Trustees from 1917 – 35, and a member of the University of Alaska Board of Regents from 1935 – 51.

View location with street view in Google maps

Back to Top