Payment plans and textbook loans
At this time UAOnline plans are only available for UAF degree seeking students and non-degree seeking students (UAA and UAS students, please contact your campus).
Personal payments (including UA College Savings Plan) will apply to the next payment due. Financial Aid payments from a student's FAFSA will apply to all payments evenly.
ATTENTION STUDENTS PAYING ON CAMPUS MONTHLY RENT! If you are interested in a payment plan, you must enroll in an "estimated payment plan" through the UAF Office of the Bursar. These payment plans are available in office only. The plans available online will not calculate correctly when you make your monthly rent payments which can result in late rent charges. Please contact the Office of the Bursar for more information or to enroll.
Spring 2018 Payment Plan Schedule
Option 5 available 12/4 – 1/16. Pay 1/5th of the balance down including the enrollment fee. 4 remaining payments due 2/1/18, 3/1/18, 4/2/18, and 5/1/18. The enrollment fee is $65 online or $90 in person.
Option 4 available 12/4 – 2/12. Pay 1/4th of the balance down including the enrollment fee. 3 remaining payments due 3/1/18, 4/2/18, and 5/1/18. The enrollment fee is $65 online or $90 in person.
Option 3 available 2/1 – 3/15. Pay 1/3rd of the balance down including the enrollment fee. 2 remaining payments due 4/2/18 and 5/1/18. The enrollment fee is $65 online or $90 in person.
Deferred Payment Plan available 12/4 – 3/14. Includes a $90 enrollment fee. The student must have 100% guaranteed funding and submit written verification of payment. Payment is due in full by 3/30/18. These plans are available in person or via email only. Contact the Office of the Bursar if you know you have financial aid or other payments that will pay your account balance in full, but it will be arriving after the fee pay deadline on January 29th.
UAOnline Payment Plan Enrollment Instructions
- Log into UAOnline
- Click on "Student Services and Account Information"
- Click on "Student Account"
- Click on "Account Detail for Term (Semester) / Pay Term Balance"
- Make sure the current term is selected and submit
- Click on the grey "PAY NOW" button above your "2018 Spring Semester Term Detail" after acknowledging the refund policy terms
- You will be directed to the secured TouchNet epay website. If you have multiple accounts select "UAF WEB Payments" from the "My Accounts" drop down list and click on "Select". Click on "Payment Plans" on top page bar.
- Click on the green "Enroll Now" button
- Select the current term and complete remaining payment plan steps
- Make your next payment by the 1st of the next month (unless you scheduled future payments)
Spring 2018 Textbook Loans and Advance of Funding
**NEW** UAF is now offering multiple options to help students purchase textbooks and supplies! Please see our terms and conditions.
Option 1: Textbook Loan – For requests up to $300. No aid verification is required.
Option 2: Advance of Funding – For requests greater than $300. Aid verification is required. Students must provide guaranteed proof of aid that will cover 100% of their UA account balance and the amount requested. Aid verification can include a Bursar Award Confirmation completed by the UAF Financial Aid Office (see form), scholarship award letters, and/or other sources of funding.
The money from these requests will be applied to your PolarExpress Card as Bear Bucks. You will be able to purchase books and necessary supplies at any UAF Bookstore. YOU DO NOT NEED A POLAREXPRESS CARD TO PURCHASE BOOKS ONLINE. At checkout, simply enter your UA ID number and the amount will be deducted from your Bear Bucks. Click here for more information on Bear Bucks and how to manage your account online.
All communication regarding your Textbook Loan or Advance of Funding loan will be sent to your @alaska.edu email address or preferred email in UAOnline. If you have questions, contact the UAF Office of the Bursar at 907-474-7384, via email at email@example.com or visit us in person on the first floor of Signers' Hall.
Instructions for Submitting a Form via email or in person:
- Submit the completed Textbook Loan and Advance of Funding form to the UAF Office of the Bursar, via email or in person.
- If you are requesting an amount greater than $300, you will need to provide aid verification. If you are expecting FAFSA funds or scholarships, students can take the form to the UAF Financial Aid Office to complete the Bursar Award Confirmation section.
- If you have other means of payment or official award letters, you can also submit those items directly to the UAF Office of the Bursar for review.
- The UAF Office of the Bursar will review the request and contact the student if more information is needed. Once approved, the requested funds will be applied to the student’s Bear Bucks account. The UAF Office of the Bursar will notify the student of when the funds are available.