How to make a payment

  • Web: Log onto UAOnline to pay with all major credit cards or a checking account.
    • Paying with a debit card? Many debit cards have a daily limit of $500 to $2,000. If you try to make a payment for more than that amount, your card may be declined. Don’t stand in line twice! Check with your bank to see if your card has a limit before your pay.
  • By mail: Send checks payable to UAF, clearly marked to ensure it is credited to the proper student account, to:

UAF Office of the Bursar
PO Box 757640
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7640

Note: A $30 charge and a hold will be placed on your account for returned checks. This will prevent you from registering, viewing grades, receiving transcripts and from graduation activity.

  • In person: First floor of Signers' Hall, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., or Wednesdays, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Credit cards are not accepted at the walk-up counter, but you can use a credit card quickly and safely at UAOnline.
  • Wire transfer: Contact the Bursar's Office for our banking information at 907-474-7384. Ensure the financial institution references the student name and ID number so we can apply the payment to the right person. Please allow at least two weeks for the wire transfers to post to your student account.
  • International tuition payments: Log onto Flywire for an easier and less expensive way to pay with foreign currency.


International tuition payments

No matter your time zone, you will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available to you - reachable 24/7 via live chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions.

Failure to meet financial obligations

University policy requires a financial hold be placed on your student account if you fail to meet your financial obligations. The hold will prevent any registration, transcript, or graduation activity.

Past due accounts will be sent to a collection agency. Interest, late fees, and/or collection costs will be added to your account. Past due debt may be reported to a local credit bureau. The University is authorized to garnish the State of Alaska PFDs for payment of past due accounts.

QUESTIONS? Contact the Office of the Bursar at 907-474-7384, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Alaska Time, or you may email us.

Back to Top